“Staring at my computer screen and clicking my mouse DOES NOT make
Instead, increase productivity and improve patient care by engaging patients, rather than typing
EHR+ utilizes Arrendale’s Speak-EZ+ with Dragon and dictations can be created from SmartPhones Digital Recorders, Landline Telephones, PC Microphones to “Turbocharge” data entry. Arrendale provides choices for dictation and transcription not possible before. Speak-EZ+ technology overlays with your EHR to reduce charting errors caused by cut and paste, lessen the stress of clinical documentation and improve productivity. See more patients per day while eliminating the cost for a ‘shadow scribe’, or worse, clicking and typing yourself.
Enjoy More Time for Family, Friends
and Your Personal Life
Researchers at the Mayo Clinic looked at 2014 survey data from 6,560 US
physicians measuring work life.
- A strong link between burnout and time spent doing digital work
- Of the many physicians who used electronic health records, 44% were dissatisfied with them
- Nearly 63% of doctors believed that EHRs made their jobs less efficient
- Nearly 50% of doctors state they spent an unreasonable amount of time on clerical tasks related to patient care
- Many EHRs require that doctors use structured formats far beyond what CMS demands
- One report stated that 91% to 93% of information entered in structured forms could be captured via dictation, transcription, and free-text entry
- Spend most of your day at the computer?
- Miss out on family and friend events?
- Struggle to maintain profitability?
- Act like a transcriptionist or data entry clerk?
- Utilize the ‘most expensive’ labor for data entry… You?
Dragon speech recognition enhanced by Speak-EZ+ provides CHOICES for data
entry which give you back over two hours a day allowing you peace of mind.
EHR+ integrates Arrendale’s Speak-EZ+ into your daily routine, providing tools that allow you to see more patients a day and still have family time. Speak-EZ+ frees you from your computer giving you more “face time” with your patients.
Speak-EZ+ provides dictation choices for your Dragon while in your EHR. When you are on the go and need to dictate clinical charts, you can dictate on your SmartPhone or Digital Recorder. These voice files are transferred ‘real time’ to your desktop where your Dragon will convert to text before you return.
Back at your PC, if your dictation is straightforward, that’s great. You edit… and wham, done. For times when your dictation is complex, and editing is burdensome, you need that “Send to Transcription” feature, only found in Speak-EZ+. Speak-EZ+ is unique in that it captures and saves the Dragon voice file as you dictate. Speak-EZ+ improves your productivity, quality of care and time management.
When using Speak-EZ+ You can:
- Process “on the fly” dictations real time in Dragon during rounds – while away from your desk
- Temporarily suspend the session and resume later after consultation or lunch
- Easily recall previous Dragon dictations (even when using Dragon ME I, cloud streaming)
- Utilize ‘Normals’, speed typing and spell checkers for accuracy
- Change templates “on the fly” without losing dictation
- Recall previous transcripts
- Click the “Send to Transcription” button when Dragon editing is cumbersome
A Northwestern University study has determined that Providers:
- With EHRs in exam rooms spend 34% of their time looking at computer screens
- Using paper charts spend about 9% of their time in the chart
- When in the office spend half their time on electronic health records (EHRs)
- Spend only 27 percent of total office time with patients
- Average another one to two hours completing EHRs.
EHR+ takes advantage of your EHR vendor’s Dictation Marker feature. A “Dictation Marker” is a unique code associated with each text entry window in the EHR. Typically, when your cursor is located inside the text field, and you speak, Dragon converts your speech to text, and then you proof and edit in the EHR window. But, some patient cases are more difficult and are best suited to straight dictation. EHR+ provides the option to choose 1) when to type, 2) use Dragon or 3) send the voice to the transcription team.
Arrendale’s Dictation Marker for EHR+ technology provides flexibility that makes you more productive. You decide when to spend your time editing, or being more productive and more cost effective to use $25/hour transcription labor. Your time can be spent seeing more patients. Recent studies have shown:
Cost per Note – Physician vs. Medical Documentation Specialist (Transcriptionist)
Cost for physician to input data into EHR:
$13.50 per note
Cost for Documentation Specialist to transcribe report:
$4.30 per note
SAVINGS: $9.20 PER NOTE
Speak-EZ+ Compliments Your Dragon For Traditional Dictation
Arrendale’s Dictation Marker for EHR+ allows us to return just the text to the initial location for a partial dictation. We interface to your EHR at a higher level. Alternately, you can dictate the complete report “outside” the EHR in Speak-EZ+ using your Dragon (or not).
Traditional report formats are tagged so that upon return to your EHR, the template sections are automatically inserted into the patient record without any point and click on your part. For example when dictating a Physical Exam, each section heading of your report will automatically appear in the correct window in the EHR. Otherwise, you would have made multiple entries, dictations and edits.
For times when you want to use your staff to transcribe, Arrendale supports your transcription team with a word processing platform integrated to your Dragon desktop and Speak-EZ+ . If you elect to outsource your transcription, Arrendale workflow sends the voice file to your transcription service or to A+Network Transcription Services. A+Network is an Arrendale services company.